The DAC built into speakers like the A2+ and HD6 is solid and makes sure you get a consistent experience. With that said, DACs like the D1 would bring you extra features like a dedicated headphone amp and easily accessible volume knob. In the case of the HD6s, this could also free up the optical input to use with another source, like a television, if you want. If you're considering the D1 with your A2+s, it would be considered an upgrade from the A2+s DAC.
Articles in this section
- Can I use a B1 and a D1 together?
- Can I connect the D1 to my iPhone/iPad?
- Can I connect the D1 to my Android device?
- Can I use Audioengine DACs with the new Tidal Masters service?
- Can I still use my Audioengine DAC with USB C?
- How do multiple sources work with the D1?
- Can I use the Airport Express with a D1 DAC?
- Will your DACs work with a Chromebook?
- Would using an external DAC, like your D1, be worth using with your speakers with built-in DACs, like the A2+s or HD6s?