There are a few notable differences but both designs function basically the same. “Active” and “powered” speakers refer to speakers with power amplifiers built into either one speaker or both. Audioengine speakers were designed with the power amps in the left speaker to make connections easier as they only require one power cord and all connections are on the same speaker.
Articles in this section
- Do I need to install any special software apps or drivers for the B2?
- How easy is it to set up the Audioengine B2?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- Can the B2 work in both 110-120v and 220-240v areas?
- What does the white indicator light on the B2 rear panel mean?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off so my neighbors can't connect to my speakers or B1?
- What if my source doesn't support aptX? Can I still use the B2 and if so, how will it sound?
- Will my music have a delay through the B2 if I’m watching a movie or music video?
- Audio and video aren't in sync when using Bluetooth. This wasn't happening before, what gives?
- Is the B2 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?