There are different theories but rooms and tastes are different so it's tough to specify a correct placement. We suggest you experiment with different locations to see what works for you. As a general rule of thumb for the best sound stage balance, the speakers should be equidistant from side walls and a different distance from rear walls. Our rear-ported speakers (such as the A5+, HD6, and HDP6) pretty forgiving when it come to being placed near walls, but we do recommend keeping them at least a few inches from the rear wall for adequate ventilation.
Articles in this section
- Can I drill holes in my Audioengine speakers and mount them to a wall?
- How to replace the battery in your HD6/A5+ remote control
- Connecting the Active and Passive Speakers with the Included Speaker Wire (HD6)
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off so my neighbors can't connect to my speakers or B1?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- How does the HD6 handle multiple inputs? Can I use Bluetooth and the optical input at the same time?
- Audio and video aren't in sync when using Bluetooth. This wasn't happening before, what gives?
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?