Because Audioengine active speakers already have an amp built in, you never want to connect it to the amplifier output of a stereo amp or AV receiver that would typically connect with bare speaker wire or banana plugs. If you want to use an existing AV receiver as an input switcher and that system has preamp outputs (these would typically be RCA), you could connect these to the RCA inputs on your Audioengine powered speakers.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Does the A5+ Classic come with speaker grills?
- Why does the volume knob on my A5+ Classic spin continuously?
- Are the A5+ Classic speakers accurate enough to serve as studio monitors for mixing music tracks?
- Can I take my A5+ Classic to another country with a different voltage?
- The volume control on my A5+ Classic is acting odd, or not responding at all. What do I do?
- Can I use a power inverter with the A5+ Classic?
- Why doesn't the USB power port seem to charge my iPhone/iPad?
- The volume knob won't put the speakers in sleep mode and it doesn't click when I press it in- how can I fix this?
- Why do I have to plug one speaker into the wall?