Some turntables do not have a built-in preamps and as a result you will need to add an external phono preamp between your turntable and the speakers. Many turntables, however, (such as the Music Hall USB-1 or Audio Technica AT-LP120) have a built-in preamp and include a switch on the back for "line" or “phono”. For Audioengine powered speakers select "line".
Articles in this section
- Can I connect the S6 to my powered speakers?
- Are firmware updates or driver downloads needed for my Audioengine product?
- My speakers sound distorted, what can I do?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth-ready Audioengine speakers to my Bluetooth device?
- My A5+Wireless speakers sound distorted, what should I do?
- One of my A5+Wireless speakers is not working, what should I do?
- When I connect a turntable to my speakers, why is the volume so quiet?
- Will my music have a delay through the A5+ Wireless if I’m watching a movie or music video?
- One of my speakers is not working, what should I do?
- What’s the difference between the A5+ Wireless and the A5+ Classic?