Some turntables may not have a built-in preamp and you would need to add an external phono preamp to bring the instrument level signal of the turntable to line-level. Some turntables may have a built-in preamp but have a switch on the back for either "line" or "phono," such as the Music Hall USB-1 or the Audio Technica AT-LP120; the switch would need to be selected to "line" in order to work directly with the speakers.
Articles in this section
- Can I turn Bluetooth off?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- Can the B2 work in both 110-120v and 220-240v areas?
- How easy is it to set up the Audioengine B2?
- What does the white indicator light on the B2 rear panel mean?
- Do I need to install any special software apps or drivers for the B2?
- What if my source doesn't support aptX? Can I still use the B2 and if so, how will it sound?
- Will my music have a delay through the B2 if I’m watching a movie or music video?
- Is the B2 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- Since the B2 has multiple inputs, can I connect my phone via Bluetooth and also connect my computer to the aux input on the rear panel?