Some turntables do not have a built-in preamps and as a result you will need to add an external phono preamp between your turntable and the HD6. Many turntables, however, (such as the Music Hall USB-1 or Audio Technica AT-LP120) have a built-in preamp and include a switch on the back for "line" or “phono”. For Audioengine powered speakers select "line".
Articles in this section
- Just how easy is it to set up the HD6?
- Is the HD6 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- What's the difference between the HD6 and the A5+?
- Do I need to install any special software apps or drivers for the HD6?
- If HD6 is paired and connected to my phone, do I need to do anything else to play music?
- If I have a subwoofer of my own, how would I use it with the HD6?
- What does the indicator light on the HD4 front panel mean?
- How to replace the battery in your HD6/A5+ remote control
- What speaker stands work well with the HD6?
- What if my source doesn't support aptX? Can I still use HD6 and if so, how will it sound?