If using a Mac, open the Audio MIDI Setup utility in Applications->Utilities, under Audio Devices, choose "Audioengine D1" and check that the format is set to 96 and the bit depth is set to 24bit. On a PC, open the sound options through the control panel. Then choose Speakers - Audioengine D1" and select Properties. You can select the output format from the dropdown in the advanced tab.
Articles in this section
- Is D1 USB input isochronous or asynchronous?
- How can the D1 external computer DAC improve my music?
- Will the D1 work with my low-impedance headphones?
- Can I use the D1 with my Airport Express for even better sounding Airplay?
- The audio cuts out at randomly when using the optical input with my TV, what can I do?
- How powerful is the headphone amp in the D1? Will it drive my headphones?
- What volume level should I set my D1 and/or speakers to for the best results?
- Where can I download drivers for the D1?
- What media player software and audio file formats are compatible with the D1 when using it with a computer?
- When I plug in headphones will the D1 RCA outputs be muted?