There are different theories, but rooms and tastes are different so it's tough to specify a "correct" placement. We suggest you experiment with different locations to see what works for you. As a general rule of thumb for the best sound stage balance, the speakers should be equidistant from side walls and a different distance from rear walls. Our front-ported speakers (such as the A2+, A2+ Wireless, HD3, and P4 speakers) do not need any rear panel clearance for better bass but recommend keeping them a few inches from the rear wall for adequate ventilation.
Articles in this section
- What does it mean if the LED indicator is orange, instead of white?
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Can I turn Bluetooth off so my neighbors can't connect to my speakers or B1?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- How do I connect the active and passive speakers together?
- Can I connect multiple sources to the HD3? Can I stream via Bluetooth and use the USB input at the same time?
- When using the USB input of the HD3, what sample rate and bit depth should I set my system to?
- Does HD3 come with speaker grills?
- Can I use the HD3 with my iPad or iPhone via USB to bypass the internal DAC and get better sound?
- Can I use the HD3 with other tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?