There are different theories, but rooms and tastes are different so it's tough to specify a "correct" placement. We suggest you experiment with different locations to see what works for you. As a general rule of thumb for the best sound stage balance, the speakers should be equidistant from side walls and a different distance from rear walls. Our front-ported speakers (such as the A2+, A2+ Wireless, HD3, and P4 speakers) do not need any rear panel clearance for better bass but recommend keeping them a few inches from the rear wall for adequate ventilation.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect bare speaker wire to my speakers?
- Do the A2+s have an auto-sleep, idle, or auto-power-off function? Can I leave them on all the time?
- Can I use the A2+ with my iPad or iPhone via USB to bypass the internal DAC and get better sound?
- Audio and video aren't in sync when using Bluetooth. This wasn't happening before, what gives?
- What are the differences between A2+ the original A2?
- Why isn't the A2+ available in the bamboo finish?
- When using the USB input of the A2+, what bit rate and bit depth should I set my system to?
- Can I use the A2+ USB input with tablets or smartphones like Samsung Galaxy or Microsoft Surface?
- Since the A2+ already has a built in DAC, does that mean I cannot use another one?
- How do I use my W3 wireless adapter with the A2+ powered speakers, since they don't have a USB power plug built into the speakers?