Nope! Audioengine powered speakers have amplifiers built-in. This means you don't need any extra equipment, other than a source to play music on (smartphone, tablet, computer, CD player, turntable, etc). Just plug your source directly into the inputs on the rear panel of the left speaker with the included cables, or connect to them via Bluetooth, and voila! You're listening to music!
Articles in this section
- Can I turn Bluetooth off?
- Why do I hear my phone's notifications over Bluetooth?
- Can the B2 work in both 110-120v and 220-240v areas?
- How easy is it to set up the Audioengine B2?
- What does the white indicator light on the B2 rear panel mean?
- Do I need to install any special software apps or drivers for the B2?
- What if my source doesn't support aptX? Can I still use the B2 and if so, how will it sound?
- Will my music have a delay through the B2 if I’m watching a movie or music video?
- Is the B2 designed only for use with Bluetooth devices?
- Since the B2 has multiple inputs, can I connect my phone via Bluetooth and also connect my computer to the aux input on the rear panel?