A5+ troubleshooting tips
The following troubleshooting tips can help diagnose and correct most common issues with the A5+. We have attempted to make this list as comprehensive as possible, so some of these may not apply to your issue, but please go through each tip and if the problem still persists then open a support ticket here.
Be sure to include your results and we will then respond as quickly as possible and do our best to resolve the issue.
If the power indicator on the A5+ front panel is not illuminated, then try these tips:
- Verify that the AC power cord is connected to the speaker rear panel and to a working AC power outlet.
- Check that the speaker’s power switch is in the ON position.
- Check that the rear panel voltage selector matches the operating voltage in your country or region.
- If there is still no power, check the fuse in the rear panel. If the fuse is blown and needs to be replaced it is important to replace with same fuse type and value.
If the front panel indicator light is on but you are experiencing an audio-related or other issue, try these tips:
- Power-cycle the speakers by switching them off and back on using the power switch on the rear panel.
- Be sure the speakers are not in MUTE or SLEEP mode (if so, the front panel indicator light will be flashing).
- Check that the cables from your audio sources to the speaker are properly connected. Confirm by unplugging the audio cables and then reconnecting. Try using as many different inputs and input sources as possible to see if the problem follows.
- Check speaker wire connections from the left (powered) speaker to the right (passive) speaker. Confirm by removing the speaker wire from on each speaker and reconnecting. Also check speaker wire polarity by verifying that the wires are going to same terminals on both speakers.
- Verify that your audio input source components or devices are all powered on and the volume levels are turned up.
- If using a computer, verify that the audio output balance setting is centered for the OS and all apps.
- Make sure the speakers are not too close to a wall or other obstruction, which could limit bass output.
- Decrease the volume level of the audio input source and increase the volume of the speakers.
- If you are using a wireless adapter, preamp, or external DAC with these speakers, remove these (temporarily) and connect the audio source directly to the speakers.
- If your input source has its own EQ or other sound settings, make sure they are all temporarily turned off.
- Also try moving the speakers to a different location to see if something is causing interference in the current location. Something as simple as a wireless internet router, cordless or mobile phone, or halogen lamp near the speakers can all cause interference.
A5+ troubleshooting tips - remote control
Remote control is not working or remote range is reduced.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the remote control receiver, which is in the left powered speaker.
- Check the remote battery to be sure it is installed correctly.
- Replace the battery.